Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Just for Kicks I started taking the Wilton course 1... They've changed it so i thought oh what the heck... This class is way better than the class I took 25 yrs ago...
My next project is my parents 60th Anniversary cake for Oct 21st. Wayne wants me to make the fondant ribbon for the top, I picked up some lovely fall colored ribbons at Micheal's last week.
I worked on a new chocolate sour cream cake batter from scratch. Of coarse i screwed it up on the first try i over did the butter not reading the recipe rite.... I brought it into the people I work with and they went wild for it. So I'm sure are I correct my mistake it will be just as delicious.
I spent the whole day last Sunday in the kitchen and when it came time to make the home icing I was pretty tired... I took half a bag of dark chocolate pieces a stick a butter and a heaping table spoon of cocoa powder and let it melt on the stove with dinner was in the oven. Once I got it creamed down I should added some shortening but I was experimenting I added a bag and half of powder sugar  and didn't measure out how much water I tossed in but somehow I made a lovely thick gnash..
The cupcakes i started with were way better after being in the fridge for 2 days and with that thick chocolate frosting they were totally killer...

No comments:

Post a Comment